Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences was established in the year 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangha and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka.
The Vokkaligara Sangha took a formal decision on 2.9.1979 to start a medical college from the year 1980-81 and applied for permission to the Registrar, Bangalore University.
On 30.11.1980 the Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri. R Gundu Rao laid the foundation stone of the Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital in the premises of the Sangha and announced the grant of vacant land in Banashankari to be used for the construction of college building and hostels. Thereafter, the Sangha appointed Dr M Basavaraju, Professor of Physiology as the principal on 1.1.1981 and other staff by March 1981 and classes were started regularly from the 16th of March 1981. Since then 16th March is observed every year as KIMS Day. The Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the Institute was held in the year 2006.
KIMS is recognized by the Medical Council of India permanently for running of MBBS Course since 1980-81 and also running Post-graduate degree/diploma courses since 1991-92 and these courses are also recognized by Government of India.
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is also recognized by
- General Medical Council, United Kingdom
- World Health Organization.
- The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London.
KIMS MEDICAL COLLEGES RANKING
KIMS, Bangalore has been ranked No.24 among the 275+ Medical Colleges in India by ‘The MINT’, The Wall Street Journal.
KIMS Medical College Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Kampegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS)|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Name of the Entrance||UG NEET, PG NEET|
|Entrance Mode||Both online and offline|
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science (KIMS)-Course,Fees and Eligibility
For Undergraduate Course MBBS
- Candidates will have to apply for NEET-UG 2021 examination conducted by NTA to take admission in MBBS course
- To apply for UG courses, candidates must have atleast passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with 50% marks in aggregate are eligible
For Postgraduate Course MD/MS
- Candidates applying for the postgraduate courses have to apply online through the official website of NEET-PG 2021conducted by NBE
- Candidates should have obtained MBBS degree from any college recognized by the Medical Council of India for MD/MS course
KIMS Medical College admissions are conducted for the students on the basis of cut off declared by NTA
Campusbull will help you to apply for MBBS,MD/MS courses in KIMS Medical College, Bangalore
Candidates aspiring to study M.B.B.S must have completed their Class 12 examination with a minimum aggregate of 50%(General Merit) and 40% (Reserved category) in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, & Biology from the respective Education board before admission.
Candidates who have completed their Class 12 from a Correspondence/Open School will be not be eligible for M.B.B.S
He/she must have completed an age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December in the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS Course.