Mount Carmel College is an autonomous college located in Bangalore, India affiliated to Bengaluru Central University. It is one of the first women’s colleges established in 1944 in Trichur as ‘Carmel College’ under the Madras University and shifted to Bengaluru in 1948
India Today in 2020 ranked MCC Bangalore at third place for Science stream, at fourth place separately for Arts and Commerce stream among colleges in Bengaluru. Also, the ranking body Outlook India ranked the college at fourth place in overall category of Bangalore colleges in its 2020 rankings. Besides the academic rankings, the college is second cleanest ranked college in India by Swachh Campus Abhiyaan and first in its state of Karnataka.
The college has collaboration with various industry giants like Shangri-La, FCM Travels, etc., and other names like Capgemini, Wipro, IBM, Google, Mind Tree which regularly visit the college for placements.
MCC Bangalore Highlights
Below mentioned are some of the key facts about Mount Carmel College Bangalore:
|Also known as||MCC Bangalore|
|Campus size||10 acres|
|Ranking (2020)||– Ranked 4 among private colleges in Bengaluru by Outlook
– Ranked 3 among science colleges in Bengaluru by India Today
|Number of departments||5|
|Number of courses||63|
|Average placement package (2019)||Rs 2.95 LPA|
|Top recruiters||Taj Hotel, Wipro, IBM, PwC, BigBasket|
|Mode of education||Full-time|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Collaborations||– University of Bristol
– Shangri-La Hotel
– FCM Travel Solutions
– La-Rochelle Study Tour in France
MCC, Bangalore offers 62 courses across 12 streams namely Commerce and Banking, Management, Arts, Science, Agriculture, Pharmacy, IT, Paramedical, Design, Media and Mass Communication, Physical Education, Hotel Management and across 13 degrees like BSc, BA, B.Com, B.Voc, BCA. MCC campus is spread over 10 Acres. Hostel facility is available for its students. Additional campus facilities such as AV Lab, Auditorium, ATM, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Computer Lab, Fest, Girls Hostel, Gym, Library are also there. b’Mount Carmel College’ accepts Karnataka PGCET
MCC Bangalore offers various courses in UG, PG, PG diploma and doctoral courses approved by UGC affiliated from Bangalore University and admissions are based on merit and interview. The application for PG courses starts in January and application for UG programmes starts in the month of February.
Applications are available online m through official website. Interview dates will be announced once the application forms are filled. The result of interview is declared immediately after the interview. Students need to submit the course fee on the day of declaration of final results of interview itself. Given below is the pictorial representation of MCC Bangalore Admission procedure:
- MCC, Banglore Application forms for all courses are released in the month of June-July.
- Admission to B.Com & B.Voc courses is done on the basis of marks in 10+2.
- For BA, B.Sc and BCA Admissions, the candidates will be shortlisted for interview round on the basis of their marks in class XII.
- M.Sc, MA and M.Com admissions will be granted on the basis of merit.
- B.Com, B.Voc, MCA and Ph.D admissions will be conducted on the basis of a Written test followed by Personal Interview.
- For BBA, the college conducts a separate written test (MCMAT) followed by GD and interview.
- PG Diploma and PG Diploma (Evening) admissions are merit-based.
- Application Form for all the courses can be downloaded from http://mccblr.edu.in.
- Application fee for all UG and PG courses is INR 500 and INR 700 respectively.
Mount Carmel College (MCC) Bangalore Admission Highlights
Name of the College Mount Carmel College (MCC) Bangalore College Type Autonomous Basic Admission Criteria BA/ B.Sc/ BCA: Marks in 10+2 and Interview B.Com: Merit-Based BBA: Written Test (MCMAT) +GD+Interview PG Courses: Merit-Based Ph.D.: Written Test and Interview Application Mode Online
Mount Carmel College admissions are conducted for the students on the basis of cut off declared by Mount Carmel College.
Mount Carmel College 2021 cut offs, for all 41 courses offered by the college. Campusbull will help you to apply for B.A.,B.Sc.,BBA,M.Sc.,B.Com courses in Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
Mount Carmel College, Bangalore Placement 2020
Average package : 4.5 LPA
Median Package : 2.5 LPA
Highest Pacakage : 7.5 LPA